Apple-Walnut Pancake Recipe

Friday, October 17, 2008

This is one of our favorite breakfast foods ever.
They're tasty and hearty enough you don't even need any syrup to make these special.  
 Click here for printable recipe. 

The ingredients: 

1 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup oat flour (or wheat)
1/8 tsp. salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ cup sugar
 3 large eggs
4 Tbs. butter, melted
1-
1/3 cups milk
¾ tsp. vanilla
 1 large tart apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped or shredded (Granny Smith)
1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans

Mix dry ingredients together, then add eggs, butter, milk and vanilla and mix until combined.  Then gently fold in chopped apples and walnuts until just combined.  Heat the griddle or large skillet to medium heat. Grease the surface with some butter. Cook as with regular pancakes. If the consistency of the batter is too thick you may add an additional small amount of milk to thin it out. Serve hot.  Enjoy!  

1 comments:

I like this site :: Panda Friendly One Way Links click here February 7, 2015 at 7:52 AM  

This looks yummy! and easy enough for beginners like me, I'll book mark this and give it a try

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP