Peppermint Candy Shortbread Cookies

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Need something to do with leftover candy canes from Christmas? Or need a unique recipe for a cookie exchange? Or just love mint? These shortbread cookies are just the thing. Their light shortbread texture, soft minty flavor, and hint of pinkness make these a fun, creative treat to share.  Thanks for a great recipe Corinne!

The ingredients:
Cookies:
1 cup butter (no substitutes)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 cup corn starch
Frosting:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 Tbs. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. crushed peppermints
Mix all cookie ingredients thoroughly. The dough will be quite crumbly, so don't be alarmed at the dry texture. Form into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Gently press down on each cookie using flat bottomed glass dipped in sugar. (We dipped the glass into water, then sugar before pressing down).
Bake at 300 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes. Cool completely, then drizzle with frosting, and sprinkle candy cane bits on top.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Clarinda January 30, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

Husband-approved! Yeah! I'm not a huge fan of shortbread (too dry for me), but these turned out quite tasty. I had some leftover chocolate mint candy canes, so I used those.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP