Fresh Tomato and Spinach Pasta

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I tried this meal after finding it on a friend's blog and we loved how fresh and tasty it was, even without any meat. It's perfect for those nights when you just need something fast and light!


















The ingredients:















8 oz. dry noodles (ziti or rotini)
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs. olive oil
3 cups coarsely chopped, seeded tomatoes (~6 medium)
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (I used slivered almonds instead)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Gorgonzola cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.

Meanwhile in a large skillet cook onion and garlic in hot olive oil over medium heat until onion is tender. Add tomato, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir over medium-high heat about 2 minutes or until tomato is warm and releases some of its juices. Stir in spinach; heat just until greens wilt.

To serve, top pasta with tomato mixture; sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and cheese. Serves 4-6.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

jacjewelry February 26, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

This looks great! I love all the fresh vegetables in it!

Donna-FFW February 26, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

Lara- This looks LOVELY! I love the colors, flavors sound awesome. I swear by Filipo Berio olive oil!!

Spryte February 26, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

Yum! That looks fresh & delish!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP