Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pound Cake

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Any of you fellow cooks out there who have been following our blog for long, know that we're a little nutty for peanut butter in our family. (haha--I just crack myself up sometimes). This cake is moist and peanutty on the inside with a hardened chocolate shell on the outside. In other words, it was crazy good and we gobbled up the whole thing in less than 24 hours.


The ingredients:(anything that starts with a cake mix is a friend of mine)

1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup milk
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (divided)
3 eggs
2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided)
1/3 cup chopped peanuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and lightly flour a 12-cup bundt pan; set aside.

In large bowl, with electric mixer at low speed, beat cake mix, milk, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and eggs until blended, about 1 minute. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes, scraping sides occasionally. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove cake from pan.
Meanwhile, microwave remaining 1 cup chocolate chips with 1/4 cup peanut butter on high for 1 minute or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Drizzle or spread over cooled cake and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Donna-FFW March 1, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

Lara- This looks so beautifully yummy. Love cakes that start with a mix, they are always so good!!

Mirien March 4, 2009 at 2:09 AM  

Oh, that looks so good. And easy. Maybe I could live dangerously and make it as is, without trying to make my own whole wheat version. My kids would love it.

Brittany August 27, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

Oh my. We love chocolate pb around our house too. Can't wait to try this cake!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP