Sausage Egg Rolls

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I had never tried anything like homemade eggrolls before, but after seeing how easy it really is and how much everyone liked them, I'll definitely be making these again soon.
The ingredients: 1/2 lb. pork sausage
1/4 cup chopped green pepper

3 Tbs. chopped onion

1/2 tsp. minced garlic

3-3/4 cups coleslaw mix
1/4 tsp. pepper

1/8 tsp. salt

16 egg roll wrappers

Oil for frying

Sweet and sour sauce

In a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw, pepper, and salt; stir in sausage mixture.Place 1/4 cupful in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.

Heat 1 inch of oil. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet and sour sauce. Makes 16 egg rolls.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Donna-FFW March 15, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

Lara- These sound terrific and they look wonderful. I love the pairing of the sausage with the cole slaw. Must be delicious. I have to try this one!!

Sara March 16, 2009 at 7:23 PM  

What a fun idea! I've never made egg rolls before, can't wait to try.

Coleens Recipes March 17, 2009 at 3:26 AM  

I've never tried egg rolls either. Thanks for posting.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP