New Cookbook Study Program

Monday, June 1, 2009

Are you getting as much from your cookbooks as you could be?  
If you don't know the answer to this question then probably not:  
"Timis County shares its name with a tributary of the Danube and is located in the western part of which European country?" 
A seventh grade winner of the National Geographic Bee when asked where he got his extensive knowledge of world geography from, answered,  "By reading cookbooks."   
He won $25,000 and a trip to the Galapagos Islands by reading cookbooks!  What am I doing wrong?!

Starting today, I'm putting away all of the kids' books and I'm reading them cookbooks instead of stories.
Tonight we learned in Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Cookbook that Mexico is south of the border. 

I should have my kids on full scholarships in no time.

4 comments:

Katy ~ June 2, 2009 at 4:56 AM  

Lara, I am quaking with laughter here. Oh my goodness what a delightful post.

I can't stop laughing.....

Heidi June 2, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

That is so funny! I need to get my kids ready them too :)

Mirien June 2, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

Love this idea! I'll be watching for one of your kids to win next year's geography bee. But cookbooks are one of my favorite things to read, and I didn't know the answers to all the questions in this year's bee. Guess I need to check out a few more.

Kristen June 3, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

That's lovely! :o) You should pick up one of the Podleski sister's cookbooks - they are full of jokes and trivia

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP