Watermelon Smoothies

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Need something sweet and refreshing at the end of a hot summer day? This watermelon smoothie from the Family Fun magazine will just hit the spot with its cool tangy sweetness. My kids loved the fact that the finished product looked just like a watermelon slice with its chocolate chip "seeds" and I loved the fact that they're getting a whole serving of fruit disguised as a treat!


Click here for Printable Recipe

The ingredients:
3 cups cubed seedless watermelon
1 cup crushed ice
1 cup watermelon, raspberry, or lime sherbet
4 tsp. lime juice
2 tsp. miniature semisweet chocolate chips

In a blender, combine the watermelon, ice, sherbet, and lime juice; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Stir if necessary. Pour into chilled glasses; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Serve immediately. Serves 4.

If you have any leftover watermelon you need help getting rid of after you make the smoothies, I know a couple of kids who could help you out...no problem!
Enjoy!

7 comments:

Donna-FFW July 5, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

Watermelon smoothie with chocolate chips.. Perfect.

teresa July 5, 2009 at 6:31 PM  

What a fun and delicious treat! SUch a cute picture of your kids!

MaRiN July 5, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

I could really use one right now! I love the "seeds" part. This would be a fun treat to eat out by the pool.

Lynn July 6, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

This looks delicious, Lara. I happen to have most of a HUGE watermelon taking up valuable real estate in the bottom of my fridge right now. I think this would be a perfect use for it. Thanks so much for sharing :)

Rachel July 6, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

This looks very refreshing and I love the idea of the chocolate chips as "seeds"...too cute!

Katy ~ July 6, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

What a sketch! Looks terrific. And your children are just adorable!!

Lynn July 11, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

I made this the other day, using some berry ice I had in the freezer instead of the sherbet. Boy was it good!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP