Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Monday, September 14, 2009

My name is Lara and I am totally addicted to anything that combines chocolate and peanut butter. I've tried to deny this problem for years, but it's just no use. I just can't get enough. I recently found this recipe for the Ultimate Filled Peanut Butter Cookie over at Coleen's Recipes and found that I just couldn't stop thinking about them--even in the middle of the night. I was a woman obsessed! Next grocery trip I made I bought the peanut butter cups and next time my daughter begged to make cookies I insisted she make these.

Too bad I was so focused on getting the PB cups that I didn't notice that I'd run out of butter flavored Crisco and did not own a mini-muffin tin.

Normally these obstacles would deter me enough to patiently wait until I could get to the store to buy what we needed before trying them, but this is peanut butter and chocolate we're talking about here and there would be no distractions! I found this recipe for PB cup cookies in a church cookbook and decided it would do the trick perfectly for satisfying my chocolate/peanut butter sweet tooth for now! It worked like a charm--these soft chocolatey cookies were just oozing with peanut butter flavor and I found my hankering perfectly satisfied at last (or at least until I can buy butter flavored Crisco and a mini muffin tin)!

The ingredients:
Click here for printable recipe.

2-1/4 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 package (10-oz.) peanut butter cups, cut into chunks and FROZEN
1 cup chocolate chips

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl beat butters, sugars, and vanilla for 3 minutes. Add eggs to wet ingredients one at a time. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir in frozen peanut butter cups and chocolate chips. Roll into balls and bake for 13-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Beware: The dough is just as good as the baked cookies! :)

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kim September 14, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

oh my gosh!! I have to make them. I am such a sucker for anything peanut butter and chocolate. My Dad calls it the "all american" combination. These look awesome! I see you made a peanut butter pie too - yum!!

Coleens Recipes September 15, 2009 at 2:01 AM  

Looks mouth watering!! I hope you try the other cookies one day. Butter works if you don't have butter flavored Crisco, but the Crisco produces a cookie that "behaves" better in this recipe. LOL

Katy ~ September 15, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

Lara, you are my kind of woman. Once we get a bee in our bonnet, there's just no deterring us!!

Yummm.... peanut butter and chocolate!!!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP