Crazy Craisin Cookies

Monday, December 14, 2009

I am always on the hunt for fun new cookie recipes to try, especially for the holidays. This recipe from my friend caught my eye immediately with the fun combination of white chocolate, Craisins, and toffee bits.   They were simple and easy to whip together and I loved the way it all came together.  It is the toffee that really gave it the unique crunch and flavor.   I found my Heath toffee bits in a bag with chocolate chips (see ingredient picture below), but if they're not available in your area you can just buy a 3-4 Heath candy bars and crunch them up for the same effect. 

Click here for printable recipe.  


The ingredients:

1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup Craisins
1 cup white chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups toffee bits (I found mine already chopped in a bag with the chocolate chips)

TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE:  
1. omit regular flour and substitute 1 cup gluten free flour, 1/2 cup almond flour, 1 Tbs. coconut flour
2.  Ensure that the oats are gluten free 
DIRECTIONS:
Cream butter and sugars together. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Then add the flour, baking soda, and oats and mix until just combined.

Stir in the Craisins, white chocolate chips, and toffee bits until just combined. Roll into balls and place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes.



Enjoy!

4 comments:

Katy ~ December 14, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

Yumm..Heath bars. Now I need these. These cookies do sound VERY good indeed.

teresa December 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

i want to sink my teeth into those cookies!

annalisa December 14, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

These cookies are awesome and very addicting!

MaRiN December 15, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

This is my kind of cookie! All my favorites wrapped into one. Doesn't get any better.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP