Spaghetti Pie

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This kid pleasing dish is another one I found in our new church cookbook.  It was a cinch to put together and the adults in the house enjoyed it as much as the kids.  The consensus was that it tasted just like lasagna, which is a fancy Sunday dinner for us.  This came together much quicker than lasagna and is definitely going onto our weeknight menu. 

Click here for printable recipe.


The ingredients:
6 oz. uncooked spaghetti noodles
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbs. melted butter
1 carton (15-oz.) ricotta cheese
1 lb. ground beef, cooked and crumbled (I used ground turkey)
1 jar (28-oz.) favorite spaghetti sauce
1-2 cups mozzarella cheese

Directions:  Cook spaghetti to al dente, as directed on package.  Drain.  In large bowl, mix noodles with eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter.  Press into 9x13-inch baking dish.

Add layer of ricotta cheese,

then layer with ground beef (or turkey).

Top with spaghetti sauce and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Add 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese for the last 5 minutes or until melted.  Enjoy!

7 comments:

Kim April 27, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

My friend makes a version of this that her family loves. It definitely looks as though it would please everybody and MUCH easier than lasagna!

Anonymous,  April 27, 2010 at 7:04 PM  

This is a favorite at our house too. Yummy!

Anonymous,  April 27, 2010 at 11:13 PM  

I also add some parmesean cheese to the pasta mixture. (just the stuff from the green can).

I really like your site.

Dee

Julie April 28, 2010 at 12:10 AM  

I know my family would love this. And if they didn't, more for me!

teresa April 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

we love this dish at our house too, yummy!

Jackie April 30, 2010 at 11:37 PM  

Hi

Can this dish be frozen, if so, how do I cook it after it's been frozen.

Avril June 1, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

Yummy!!! Looks like I've figured out what I'm making for dinner tonight! :-) Merci!!!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP