Quick Cinnamon Rolls and Cream Cheese Frosting

Thursday, May 20, 2010

There's nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls wafting through the house to get my mouth watering.   I love this recipe from my sister  because the rolls are soft and delicious and quicker to make than most recipes.  I like to make them for a special weekend brunch for my family along with some fresh fruit and scrambled eggs.  

You'll have to look at the unique way we cut and rolled these cinnamon rolls.  I never was much good at rolling the entire sheet of dough at a time and my 12-year-old niece introduced me to a much easier way--no dental floss needed and they keep their shape better! 


 Click here for printable recipe.

The ingredients:
CINNAMON ROLLS (from AnnaLisa):

1-3/4 cups warm water (110°-115°F)
6 Tbs. sugar
1/2 cup oil
3 Tbs. instant yeast
1-1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
5-1/2 cups flour
melted butter (we used a 1/4 cup)
sugar and cinnamon mixture (1/2 cup sugar + 1 Tbs. cinnamon)

Mix the following: water, sugar, oil, and yeast. Let stand 15 minutes. Then add salt, eggs and flour. Roll 1/2 inch thick (10x20 inches) on lightly floured surface.

Spread with melted butter

and then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.


Cut into slices with pizza cutter.

Starting with long edge begin rolling fairly tightly.




(We prefer this way of cutting and rolling over the traditional way of rolling the entire sheet of dough and then cutting with dental floss.  We find our rolls hold their shape much better this way.)

Arrange cut side down, on a greased cookie sheet.

Let rise 15-30 minutes in warm place, covered with a dishcloth. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes.

 While warm, spread with cream cheese frosting and serve immediately!  Enjoy!


CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
2 Tbs. butter, softened
3 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar

Beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar to the mixture. Beat until fluffy.  Spread over warm cinnamon rolls.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

Melody May 20, 2010 at 6:00 PM  

Great idea! And you are right, there just isn't anything better than cinnamon rolls in the morning!

Tara V May 20, 2010 at 11:38 PM  

those look so yummy! and what a great idea for cutting them first. Mine never stick together the traditional way.

Kim May 21, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

Homemade cinnamon rolls have to be one of the very best ways to start your day! The aroma in itself is amazing. They look terrific.

teresa May 21, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

my mouth is watering with every picture. delicious!

Bonny May 23, 2010 at 9:23 AM  

I was definitely intrigued the minute I saw "quick" in the title. I love the recipe I've been using but it takes FOREVER. These look easy and delicious. Thanks for posting!

melissa May 24, 2010 at 6:22 PM  

I made these this morning and they were a huge hit! I also appreciate knowing now how to cut them easier!! Great recipe! thanks!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP