Cooking with Kids: Chicken Caesar Wraps (Super Easy)

Thursday, June 17, 2010

 When I know I'm going to have a crazy busy night this super easy and healthy recipe is one of the first things to pop into my mind for dinner.  Not only does it come together 5-10 minutes flat, but it's also a great meal for the kids to prepare which frees up my hands even more.  :)  I let my kids prepare the salad, shred the cooled chicken, and each make their own roll-up.  This a well-loved meal in our house...for lunch or dinner.  

Click here for printable recipe.

The ingredients:
 (shredded cheese not pictured)

1 pkg. Caesar salad mix (or Romaine lettuce, croutons, and Caesar dressing)
1 rotisserie chicken, cooled and shredded (or 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded)
1 pkg. whole wheat tortillas (warmed)
1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or pepper jack are good)

Directions: 
Prepare the Caesar salad as directed on package (or combine croutons, Romaine lettuce, and Caesar dressing).  Set aside.

Place your warmed tortilla on a plate.

Sprinkle a small handful of cheese over the tortilla.

Add a layer of prepared Caesar salad (dressing, croutons, and all)

Add a layer of cooked, shredded chicken.


Roll up and enjoy!
Click here to see my other fun Cooking with Kids ideas.

4 comments:

Kim June 17, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

I love it! I usually always pick up a rotisserie chicken when I go to the store. It's great to have recipes and ideas for using it up! I like it even better because the kids can do it on their own.

FoodontheTable June 17, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

So quick and easy! Did you put any dressing on it?

Lara June 18, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

Yes the Caesar salad was made with dressing and croutons. I don't like too much dressing, so it's very light in our version, but you could use however much you like.

Val June 22, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

Great idea!! I have some picky eaters in my house and they would love this!!! Thanks

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP