Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

With the end of the school year finally here in a couple of days my life has been filled with end-of-year parties, award ceremonies, and concerts that have put cooking on the back burner (hehe--I'm so punny tonight). Mostly we've been eating our old favorites, but last night I decided to try this new pasta dish a friend told me about. Quick and easy, this creamy pasta dish had a fresh lemony flavor that everyone loved. Next time I'll probably add in some garlic too for even more flavor.

Click here for printable recipe.


The ingredients:

2-3 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
3 Tbs. butter, divided
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1-pkg. (9-oz.) spinach pasta (in refrigerated section)
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
3 Tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
2-3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions: In a large skillet, saute the sliced chicken breasts in 2 tablespoons butter.

Saute on medium heat until lightly browned and tender (about 5-8 minutes). Remove from heat.

Cook noodles as directed on package. Drain and set aside.

Combine zest, 1 tablespoon butter, and juice in small sauce pan.

Cook one minute, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add cream slowly and stir.
.
Remove from heat (sauce will be still be very liquidy).

In a large pan combine hot noodles, lemon sauce, and cooked chicken.

Immediately add Parmesan cheese and stir well until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened. Serve hot with an additional sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Serves 6. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Mandy June 22, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

This looks good! Thanks for sharing. I just love your blog. I only found it a few weeks ago and have already bookmarked a dozen recipes I want to try.... keep up the great work!

--Mandy

Julie June 22, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

I only recently realized how awesome lemony pasta is. This looks amazing!

Debbie June 23, 2010 at 7:08 AM  

Looks like a great pasta dish. The lemon just sounds wonderful. I know what you mean about the end of school, etc. My youngest starts middle school in September....

FoodontheTable June 23, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

I bet the lemon makes this taste really fresh. Great idea to add garlic - I'll do that! I hope you'll come linkup:

http://blog.foodonthetable.com/2010/06/no-whine-wednesday-fennel/

Rachel June 23, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

I don't think I've ever tried spinach pasta, but it looks fabulous! My family loves anything with lemon/garlic, so I'll be anxious to try this out!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP