Thanksgiving Week Menu

Sunday, November 21, 2010

 This autumn has been stressful here at our house, so I'm looking forward to a few days to "chill" at home this week...something we don't do very often.   I guess being in the mode for low stress, I'm not feeling the need to be very adventurous in the kitchen this week.  Mostly we'll be having some long-time family favorites with a good dose of some good old fashioned comfort food!  :)  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!   

Monday
--Sweet and Sour Chicken and Rice


Turkey Cupcakes (for a fun family night treat)


Tuesday--Vegetarian Potato Pasta (still perfecting)

Wednesday--leftovers  from Sunday

Thursday--Turkey (of course)  :)

Oatmeal Dinner Rolls (my favorite)

Spinach Salad with Gorgonzola and Walnuts (new) 

Garlic-Parmesan Roasted Potatoes  (made by my 10-year-old)

Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce  (this picture does not do this yummy dessert justice!)

Apple Pie (with THE best pie crust)


Friday--Daddy's turn to cook (a post-Thanksgiving tradition)--Turkey and Gravy over Toast

Saturday--Chicken Pot Pie (made with leftover turkey)


Sunday-- Turkey Tacos (made with leftover turkey)



Go check Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plans!

5 comments:

Lora @ my blessed life November 22, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

Mmm...everything looks and sounds yummy! Those cupcakes sure are cute, too:)

Kim November 22, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

I'm liking Friday's plan - Daddy's Day to cook. I need to put that on the menu plan at my house - LOL!
Enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday!

teresa November 22, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

sorry things have been stressful, i don't do well when things get too hectic either. i'm actually taking a day off myself today! enjoy your holiday week! everything looks wonderful.

Miz Helen November 22, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

Your menu for the week looks great. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

DontSayHurry November 22, 2010 at 11:49 PM  

Me to, love that idea about daddy cooking. Hope you all have a great holiday week & weekend.
CJR

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP