Quiche Lorraine

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My mom called me the other day while she was at the grocery store, to have me tell her the ingredients for this family favorite quiche.  I went straight to the computer to look it up here on Recipe Shoebox and lo and behold, I've never published it.  I decided to remedy the situation and make it ASAP.  So here it is, the quiche recipe we've been making and loving for the better part of a decade.  :)  Look for the make-ahead tips at the bottom to cut down on the morning prep time. 

 
Click here for printable recipe. 


The ingredients:
9-inch pie crust
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
3/4 cup ham, minced
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 green or red pepper, diced
3 eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. dry mustard



Directions:  Bake unpricked pie crust for 5 minutes at 425 degrees.

Remove from oven  and arrange cheese,

bacon,
 
and ham in bottom of shell.
 
Sprinkle with green onions and green or red pepper. 


In a medium bowl, combine eggs, cream, lemon peel, salt, and dry mustard.  Pour evenly over cheese mixture. 
Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until set.  Remove from heat and let stand about 10 minutes before serving.  Serves 8. 

Enjoy! 

****************************
MAKE AHEAD TIPS:

The night before you can:
Cook and crumble the bacon
Chop the ham, peppers, and green onions
Shred the Swiss cheese
Make and bake the pie crust (it only needs to bake for 5 minutes before adding everything)

In a gallon size Ziploc baggie, combine everything, but the crust and the egg mixture.  In the morning, you can put all the ingredients in the crust and throw it in the oven. 



7 comments:

ann February 9, 2011 at 2:44 PM  

Lara, This is really delicious looking. I love quiche a lot. And, thanks for the make ahead tips.

Kim February 9, 2011 at 3:05 PM  

This is one of those recipes that is a total family pleaser, even my husband would eat this quiche (he loves meat). Look like a beauty!

Rachel February 10, 2011 at 10:06 AM  

Your quiche looks delicious! I've only tried quiche once or twice, but have never attempted to make it. I love the "make ahead" tips...I always feel like I'm running in 80 directions, so I love it when I can get things done ahead of time!

teresa February 10, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

i can see why this is such a hit, it looks delicious!

Cindy February 18, 2011 at 9:36 PM  

I made this for dinner this week--delicious! I was pressed for time so I used a frozen crust, still yummy. Thanks.

Judy May 23, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

I can't eat peppers - do you think spinach and tomatoes would substitute well?

annalisa April 2, 2012 at 6:12 PM  

I made this for a brunch yesterday and it turned out awesome! Everyone loved it and asked for seconds.

I liked how it was relatively easy to make. I used (real) bacon bits instead of regular bacon and regular mustard instead of dry mustard and it turned out delicious!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP