Menu 6/20-6/26

Sunday, June 19, 2011

This week's another busy week at our house.  Summer vacation starts on Wednesday and it's my hubby's 40th birthday on Saturday.  As a result, I've got some of my easiest recipes mixed in with some of my husband's favorites.  One of these days I hope to be able to slow down and take a breath again!  Have a wonderful week!

Monday--Turkey Tacos (with shredded chicken instead of turkey)--my teenage daughter has been begging me to make these for weeks

Tuesday--BBQ Chicken and Cheddar Sandwiches--one of our favorite summer sandwiches

Wednesday--Peanut Butter Pancakes--this is the first day of summer vacation for us and I know my kids will be eager to eat a hearty and leisurely breakfast

Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles--my kids love this dish

Thursday--Baked Chicken and Bean Taquitos--quick and easy for a crazy day.  These are tasty and healthy as well.

Friday--order pizza. 

Saturday--Hearty One Dish Breakfast--a manly breakfast for my man's birthday
Dinner:  Out to eat for husband's 40th birthday!!!

Flourless Chocolate Cake--don't be scared off by the garbanzo beans in this recipe, this is our favorite chocolate cake by far.  In fact, we recently went to DC Cupcakes from the TLC show (which in reality is called Georgetown Cupcakes) and found that we preferred our flourless chocolate cake recipe more than their version.    Check out this 17-layer version of the cake my sister-in-law made for someone's 17th birthday! 


Sunday--Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes--this is one of my husband's favorite new pancake creations

BBQ Chicken Skillet Pasta (new)

Key Lime Bars--cool and refreshing, I've been craving a good citrusy dessert lately



Go check Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plans!




***********
Don't miss a single recipe, sign up for email updates (on the right). 





1 comments:

Kim June 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM  

Oh my...I don't think I've ever seen a 17 layer cake before. I love the idea behind it!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP