Menu 7/25 - 7/31

Monday, July 25, 2011

We have been right smack dab in the middle of the giant heat wave covering a good portion of the USA and man is it hot around here!  With another big heat wave predicted for later this week, you'll find this week's menu filled with slow cooker, stove top, and grilled recipes! 
Stay tuned later today for the kick-off of Recipe Shoebox's week-long tribute to NATIONAL CHEESECAKE DAY coming up on July 30!     We'll be posting a new cheesecake recipe every day of the week (including a couple of great no-bake ones).   


Monday
--
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes (new)

Fresh Strawberry and White Chocolate Cookies--We have some fresh strawberries that we need to use and these cream cheese based cookies are one of our favorite ways to use them!


Tuesday--
Thai Chicken Pasta
--my daughter came home from a church camp raving about a Thai dish they'd served there, so I'm making this well-loved dish for her.  :)

Wednesday--
Asian Chicken Peanut Wraps--Healthy and good, my family loves these light and easy wraps.  I"ll definitely grill the chicken to avoid turning on the oven. 


Thursday
--
Creamy Gazpacho (new)

Root Beer Floats on a Stick
--these are as easy as can be to make and actually taste just like root beer floats!  Perfect for the sweltering summer weather we've been having lately!


Friday--
Make-Your-Own Personal Pizza
(super easy)--using sandwich thins as the crust, this is one of my kids' (and my) favorite ways to make pizzas


Saturday--
Pepperoni and Fresh Mozzarella Panini
--fresh off the grill, these are tasty and perfect for a summer meal

Sunday--
Creamy Lemon Pepper Chicken Pasta--one of our new favorite meals.


Braided Bread--an old classic from my cousin Trish, we love this easy homemade bread. 


**********
Go check Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plans!




***********
Don't miss a single recipe, sign up for email updates (on the right). 


2 comments:

SnoWhite July 25, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

I know what you mean about the heat! urg.

those pepperoni sandwiches are ones we love too -- perfect summer recipes!

Rebekah July 25, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

Mmm!! Great menu!! Yumm!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP