Menu 10/3 - 10/9

Sunday, October 2, 2011

The weather is getting chilly and we're finally settling into our fall routine.  I think this is my favorite time of year to cook!  I'm excited about adding soups back onto the weekly menu and also incorporating some apple and pumpkin dishes.

Monday--
Mom's Breakfast Cake--my husband is substitute teaching for an early morning bible study class my teens attend, so I'm making a double batch of this tried-and-true recipe to help wake the kids up on a Monday morning.

Chicken Noodle Soup--super easy and way better than any soup from a can, I'm excited for the chillier weather we've been having just so I can make this long-time favorite of ours again. 


Tuesday--Pumpkin Chicken Alfredo (new)

Wednesday--Skillet Lasagna--this is a quick and easy weeknight version of lasagna


French Peasant Bread--no kneading and only one rise time, we still include this on our menu at least a couple times a week.  How easy is it?  I've got my 10-year-old trained to whip us up some in 10 minutes flat (not including the rising and baking time). 



Thursday--Brie Stuffed Chicken Breasts (new)

Flourless Chocolate Cake with Fresh Strawberry Frosting-- my favorite cake recipe + one of my favorite icing recipe and I've never tried them together.  This is the week. 


Friday--Caramelized Onion White Chicken Pizza--an old favorite of ours, I love this unique take on the traditional pizza


Saturday--Buttermilk Pecan Waffles--a classic



Walking Tacos
--my kids now think that tacos are meant to be eaten out of a chip bag.  These are fun, fun, fun!


Sunday--Chicken Cordon Blue Sandwiches--it's the only way we get to eat chicken cordon bleu on a regular basis! 


Lara's Famous Apple Pie--this recipe has won me several bake-offs over the years and it was one of the first recipes I added to the blog back when it was brand new.  In fact, I'm thinking it may be time to do a picture update on this post. 


**********
Go check Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plans!




***********
Don't miss a single recipe, sign up for email updates (on the right). 




3 comments:

Mamie October 3, 2011 at 10:20 AM  

My crew loves walking tacos too! I am going to make the breakfast cake this week. Thanks for the recipe.

SnoWhite October 3, 2011 at 9:03 PM  

You have a great week, here, Lara! can I come over for dinner?!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP