Thanksgiving Week Menu

Sunday, November 20, 2011

 We've got a crowd of 17 coming to our house for Thanksgiving dinner plus another 6 for dessert, so I've got this week's menu stacked with quick and easy dishes early in the week.   Later in the week, I've got some of our favorite ways to use Thanksgiving leftovers (including letting Dad take over in the kitchen for a couple of days!)  :) 

Monday
--
Oreo Turkeys
---we just made these as a family this past weekend, but I thought it'd be a fun activity for the kids to make with their friends


Mommy's Concoction--this one's super easy and  I have a package of hot dogs to use up!


Tuesday--
Tomato-Basil-Parmesan Soup in the Crockpot--yumminess in the crockpot!


Cheese Sticks--easy, cheesy, and flaky!

Wednesday
--
Sour Cream Noodle Bake--Another quick, easy, and family friendly dish!


Thursday (Thanksgiving)--Since other people are contributing food as well, this menu is not our complete Turkey Day menu. 

Turkey--I bought a 20-pounder this year to feed our crowd! 

Sweet Potato Rolls (coming soon),


Lara's Famous Apple Pie
--I think I'd be banned from Thanksgiving festivities if I didn't bring this pie!  


Blueberry Cream Pie- a delicious new discovery! 


Scalloped Potatoes (coming soon),

Cranberry Walnut Sauce (new)

Gorgonzola and Walnut Salad--love the flavor on this salad!

Friday
--
Turkey and Gravy on Toast (Daddy's post-Thanksgiving specialty)

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies --my husband's favorite! 
Saturday--

Turkey Tacos
--this recipe is one of my family's favorite ways to use up leftover turkey!

Mango-Spinach Smoothie--we love, love, love this healthy smoothie!


Sunday--
Shepherd's Pie (made with leftover mashed potatoes and turkey)--we'll use leftover turkey (if we have any left) instead of the ground beef in this.  This is another of my husband's specialties, so no cooking for mommy tonight! :)

Apple Pull-Apart Bread--This recent discovery of ours is autumn baking at it's best.  Each soft piece is stuffed with apple filling....it's making my mouth water just thinking about it!



Go check Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plans!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP