Five things to do with Chicken Nuggets

Friday, March 2, 2012

I often eat lunch with a three year old who loves chicken nuggets. Needless to say, I'm sick of chicken nuggets. Plus, there are some nights that are just really busy and it's easy to heat up nuggets for dinner. But what adult wants to eat chicken nuggets for dinner?! So, I've gotten a little bit experimental with chicken nuggets. This is not necessarily a 'how to' post, but rather ideas for you to use when your children beg for chicken nuggets for dinner.

Ingredients:
Cooked Chicken nuggets
imagination

1. Chicken nugget sandwich.
I often eat this for lunch with my toddler because it's easy and I feel a little more full. It's a bit more complete with wheat bread, cheese, and lettuce.2. Chicken nugget quesadilla.
I chopped up the cooked chicken nugget and put it in between two tortillas with cheese and salsa. My kids really liked this.
3. Chicken nugget wrap sandwich.
I have to admit that the inspiration for this came from McDonalds wrap sandwiches. You can wrap whatever you want and use whatever dressing you want to add. Make it like a ranch club with chicken, bacon, cheese, lettuce, and ranch dressing. Make it Buffalo style with buffalo wing hot sauce, lettuce, and blue cheese dressing. Make it whatever you want! Just make sure to wrap it securely at the bottom so nuggets don't fall out.
4. Chicken nugget curry.
I just cooked the nuggets and added them to heated curry sauce. I did add raisins to my curry sauce to give it a little sweetness and a bit of chopped zucchini for nutrition. Serve over rice.
5. Sweet and sour chicken nuggets.
It seems to me that most stir fry recipes involving cooked chicken would also work with chicken nuggets. Check out this recipe for easy sweet and sour sauce. Or this recipe for Orange chicken.


Stay tuned later for even more ideas of ways to use your kid's chicken nuggets!

6 comments:

Christy March 2, 2012 at 4:24 PM  

I like to fancy them up by making malibu chicken nuggets (inspired by the delicious chicken dish Sizzled is famous for). Top the nuggets with ham and Swiss. They're delicious with a Mayo/mustard dip.

Lisa S,  March 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM  

These are some great ides :) Which brand of chicken nuggets do you recommend? I bought some and they did not sit well in my tummy.

Anonymous,  May 23, 2013 at 9:46 AM  

Chicken Nugget Parmesan. Heat up 4 cups of your favorite marinara sauce. In large baking pan, place 2 lbs. of uncooked pasta, stir in 3 cups of marinara sauce. Top with a layer of chicken nuggets. Spoon remaining cup of marinara sauce on top of nuggets. Sprinkle with 2 cups shredded romano or parmesan cheese. Let sit for 2 hours in refrigerator. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, until marinara sauce begins to bubble and cheese is melted and beginning to turn golden brown.

Anonymous,  October 15, 2013 at 11:18 PM  

Chicken nuggets with fried egg omlet dipped in vinella icecream with a side of mustard. Yum.

Anonymous,  March 22, 2015 at 9:21 PM  

Thanks, I have a bunch of nuggets & not alot of $ right now, but we are tired of the nuggets... Thanks for these tips!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP