Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hi!  My name is Katie and I am a new contributor.  I cook for two little boys that are a little picky and a husband that will try anything.  I love good food and especially anything sweet!  I love to try new recipes and don't like to make the same thing too much.  I got the idea for this from
You can use any pizza crust recipe you like, but personally, this is my favorite!

Click here for printable recipe


Posted by: Katie

Ingredients:


2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 tsp garlic powder
mozzarella cheese, cubed
pepperoni
marinara sauce, for dipping

Pizza Crust-
1 cup warm water
3/4 Tbsp. sugar (divided)
1 Tbsp. yeast
1/2 Tbsp. oil
1/4 Tbsp. salt
2 1/2 cups flour (approximately)

Directions:

To begin, prepare the pizza dough:  In a bowl, mix warm water, 1/4 Tbsp. sugar and yeast.  

Let proof (sit) for about 5 minutes, or until frothy.


Mix in remaining sugar, oil, salt, and flour.  Mix with spoon until too rough and then mix with hands until well combined. Form into a ball.


Cover with a damp cloth and let sit for about 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.  


While dough is rising, melt butter and add garlic powder.  Stir until combine and use a pastry brush to coat a bundt pan.  When the dough is done rising, take little golf sized balls and flatten.  Place a slice of pepperoni and a cheese cube in the middle and pinch closed and into a ball.  


Continue until all of dough is used.


Place each in pan, spreading evenly.  Brush top with remaining garlic butter, cover pan with damp cloth and let rise another 30 minutes.


While rising, preheat oven to 400 degrees.  When done rising, remove cloth and bake for about 35 minutes, or until top is very brown.


Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.  Turn into serving plate and serve with warmed marinara sauce.


ENJOY!


If you want to receive future recipes via email, sign up on the right to be an email subscriber! 

***********************

Want to see links to your favorite recipes from Recipe Shoebox in your Facebook feed?  Be sure to "LIKE" our Facebook page!   


3 comments:

K March 27, 2012 at 6:46 PM  

My kids would LOVE this! Looks great Katie!

Tabby April 10, 2012 at 12:26 AM  

I never knew this what this easy to make. Really looks easier than expected and looks yummy too! I think chocolate could be a great addition to the recipe.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP