Mexican Pizzas

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I remember getting these Mexican Pizzas when I'd go to Taco Bell as a kid and I loved them.  I hadn't had them in years, but when I saw this recipe I decided to give making them a try.  I changed it up to make things a little healthier and they turned out really yummy!

Recipe Source: BlogChef.net

Click here for printable recipe.

Posted by Katie.

The Ingredients:


1 lb ground beef
2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
10 small flour or corn tortillas
2 Tbsp. water
1 (16 oz) can refried beans
2 cups colby jack cheese (or your favorite)
2 small tomatoes, diced
2/3 cup salsa, if desired (not pictured)
shredded lettuce (not pictured)
sour cream (not pictured)
oil for brushing (not pictured)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place tortillas on greased baking sheet, not overlapping. (Don't cover baking sheet with tin foil like I did!  I removed it halfway through cooking because they were sticking to it too much...) Brush both sides with a little oil.  And bake in oven for about 5 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy. You could also fry them in oil.

While tortillas are baking, cook ground beef.  Once browned, add taco seasoning, and water, if desired.  Cook until most of the liquid is gone.

Remove tortillas from the oven.

Spread each of the toppings 5 of the tortillas in the following order...
Warmed refried beans...

Meat (and salsa, if you'd like)...

Cheese...

Other tortilla...

And top with cheese and tomato...

Bake in oven for about 8 minutes, or until cheese is well melted.  Top with lettuce and sour cream, or whatever you think sounds good.

Enjoy!
***********************

Want to see links to your favorite recipes from Recipe Shoebox in your Facebook feed?  Be sure to "LIKE" our Facebook page!   


3 comments:

K April 11, 2012 at 11:47 AM  

These look so great! I know my family would love them. Thanks for the recipe Katie!

Rhandi April 14, 2012 at 8:50 AM  

Yum! Fun and simple, my family will enjoy these. Thanks for the great idea, something similar will be on the dinner menu next week. I remember Mexican Pizzas from Taco Bell, I have been there in years but when I was a little girl they were my favorite! Fun memory!

teresa April 15, 2012 at 8:18 PM  

oh wow these look good! i remember them at TB too!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP