Stuffed French Bread

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Everyone at my house LOVES French Bread.  The best store bought bread we have found is at Walmart and we get some just about every time we are there.  It is always warm and so soft!  I usually make it into garlic bread, and maybe add a little cheese in, and when I saw this idea I had to try it!  If you like mustard and cheese and French bread, you will love this.  The concept is great too.  We served it with Grilled Bruschetta Chicken and I was thinking that the tomato/cheese topping on that would be yummy stuffed in this bread.  So many possibilities and so delicious!

Recipe Source: Monster Mama
Click here for the printable recipe.

Posted by Katie.

The Ingredients:


1 loaf  unsliced French Bread
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. minced onion or onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack)
1 1/2 Tbsp. mustard
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (or parsley flakes)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.  Cut "X" slices in your bread, not cutting all the way through, to make little squares you can stuff stuff around.  Wrap bottom of bread in foil and set aside.
In a small bowl, melt butter.  Mix in lemon juice, onion, garlic powder, and mustard.  Whisk well until combined.
Using a pastry brush, or spoon, spread butter mixture evenly throughout all the little crevices in your bread.
Stuff cheese around in the same way.
Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is well melted and a little bubbly.
Enjoy!
***********************

Want to see links to your favorite recipes from Recipe Shoebox in your Facebook feed?  Be sure to "LIKE" our Facebook page!   


3 comments:

K April 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM  

Tom thinks mustard and garlic bread are two of the best foods on earth, there is no doubt he would flip for this bread!

Anonymous,  April 28, 2012 at 5:48 PM  

Tried this tonight and it was an absolute hit, thanks!

K May 19, 2012 at 4:44 PM  

We made this the other day and it was delicious!!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP