Orange Cream Freezer Dessert

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I have been looking for something to try for this weeks' theme, but didn't really feel like popsicles.  I was looking on Pinterest one day and this caught my eye.  It tastes like the homemade Orange Julius that I use to make as a kid and I love it.  It is very orangey, so if you want it a little less strong, add less concentrate.  It's like an ice cream pie.  I hope you love it!
Come back to Recipe Shoebox each day this week for a fun new Frozen Treat recipe!


Recipe adapted from: Taste of Home
Click here for printable recipe.

Posted by Katie.

The Ingredients:


About 18 graham crackers (to make 2 cups crumbs)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
1 can (12 oz) frozen orange juice concentrate, softened slightly

Directions:
Make graham crackers into crumbs.  I like to use a blender.  Only put a max of 9 in the blender at a time.  
 Once graham crackers are crushed, stir in sugar.  Pour in melted butter and stir until well combine.
 Press onto lightly greased baking sheet measuring 15 inches x 10 inches x 1 inch, reserving at least 1/4 cup for topping.  Freeze for at least 10 minutes.
 In a large bowl, combine ice cream and orange juice concentrate until smooth.

 Spread over crumb crust.

 Freeze for at least 10 minutes, or until slightly firm.  Sprinkle with reserved crumbs, cover, and freeze at least 2 hours or up to 2 months.  Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
 Enjoy!

*****************************

Want to see links to your favorite recipes from Recipe Shoebox in your Facebook feed?  Be sure to "LIKE" our Facebook page!   


1 comments:

K August 15, 2012 at 11:27 AM  

This looks so good! I really want some right now! It looks so easy to make too!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP