Pink Lemonade Cookies

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My friend came over for dinner one night and brought some pink lemonade cookies that she had made from a package.  I really liked them and decided to look for a recipe online to make them from scratch.  I found a recipe that looked good and started experimenting with it.  I wanted the cookies to be a little tarter, so I switched the amount of sugar and the amount of the pink lemonade powder. (You can adjust the sugar and pink lemonade to your preference.)  I loved the way they turned out!  Here is the recipe the way I liked it best :)

Posted by AnnaLisa

Adapted from a recipe at apronstringsandpearls.

Click here for printable recipe


The Ingredients:


1 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. powdered sweetened pink lemonade mix
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. lemon extract (or lemon juice. I used juice from a fresh lemon.)
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease cookie sheet.

- In large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and lemonade mix until fluffy.

- Beat in egg, vanilla, and lemon extract.

-Add dry ingredients to the batter, beating until thoroughly combined.

 Dough will be crumbly.

-Roll dough into 1" balls and roll in sugar. Place them 2" apart on cookie sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes (or until edges start to brown.)


Although I didn't try it, I think these cookies might be really good with a lemony glaze on top.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP